Trump Vs. Clinton: Total Annihilation Trump Vs. Clinton: Total Annihilation

So. After watching even a part of the first debate, I have to say... this is pretty accurate, aside from the fact that the "Jimmy Fallon" of the actual one didn't get to speak or ask questions most of the time.

Creature Contact Creature Contact

I think I'm late on reviewing this.

But oh well. Review time!

The intro is interesting, and the music seems to fit in well. It was a bit confusing though, at first. I wasn't sure what was meant to happen. After a little bit though, it was revealed. It looked pretty good, and the music was ok, but in the end, the point of it escaped me, and I wasn't sure what it was supposed to symbolize or if it was just supposed to look cool. It definitely looked good, and made me think a bit about what it was supposed to mean, so I suppose it's alright. I think it would have been better if there were more of a plot or point to it though. If there was a plot or point, I think it would have been nice if it were clearer...

-Review Request Club-
-SWINT-

The Sugar Claws: V-VII The Sugar Claws: V-VII

Okay! First review in my 3-hour rush! Let's go!

Ok, it's a tad confusing, but honestly. Nice work! Even without having read the previous ones, this is still really good, and I understood it reasonably well (...I think).

There's a lot of "heavy" content, and you can see the problem with the main character clearly. I thought the beginning was interesting, showing that dragon-like-thing-beast-whatever-it-i s in a world that I can only assume is the mind of the main character. The plot is well-done, thought I'm not exactly sure what made the main character's friend pull the fork out. That and how it actually went alright. I'm also not exactly sure how the main character can talk, considering she (assuming it's a she) has a fork in her throat. /Generally/ people wouldn't be able to talk if there was a fork lodged in their throat. Just saying. The music is nice, fits in well with the comic, and though there isn't much animation, it doesn't need it. It's a comic, not really a movie.

Overall, good plot, good music, good art, good multi-world idea. Hope to see more.

-Review Request Club-
-SWINT-

Celx-Requin responds:

It ends in October, I'm working on the final Issue today...

Thanks,
- Celx

Adaptor Adaptor

This game is neat, but fails on a few key points that makes it extremely frustrating when they're all happening at once.

- The enemies are instakills, which is extremely frustrating with highly finnicky controls.
- Some experimentation in jumping is necessary to understand that your controls remain reversed until you land.
- Difficulty ramps up REALLY REALLY fast. Right on level four, it becomes insanely difficult, if only due to the timing of the enemies.
- The time limit is very unforgiving, and makes it nearly impossible to win some of the levels, let alone actually get all the stars. The stars should be hard. The actual level itself, not quite as much (not if the stars are meant to be a bonus).
- The character's hitbox seems to be just a little bit higher than the sprite, by a fairly significant amount.

Other than that though, it's pretty good. The animations are well done, the aesthetic is consistent, and it's just generally fairly well done. It's too bad I couldn't go too far in due to the excessive difficulty from the mechanics. That really harms it the most.

FLIPTRIS FLIPTRIS

Now this is a twist... I don't often review games (and that probably shows...), but I think I'll make an exception in this case since I love tetris so much.

THE GOOD:
-Creative idea.
-Generally responsive controls with a few issues I'll discuss later.
-Music is cute, fitting, and NOT A REMIX OF THE TETRIS THEME. Thank goodness. I've heard way too many tetris remixes on tetris-themed games.
-Different kinds of mino add good variety.
-Well-implemented interface.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD: First and foremost, two problems with the controls that SERIOUSLY hurt my ability to enjoy the game.
-One is that the slippery placement is slightly bugged. If you try to rotate the mino while it is on the ground or move it too much, it seems to think "place" right after rotating, which caused many problems for my placement while I was trying to get a piece in just the right spot. It would also randomly decide to not place one piece after twice as long as another piece, which caused weird issues as well.
-The other, larger problem was with tilting the world. If I moved a piece to the side, it would tilt the piece's orientation with regard to the center as well as teleporting it out to the edge and seemingly DOWN. This was especially a problem in situations where there's no spot on the side I'm on, but there is on an adjacent side. I move the piece over and it teleports to a place where I would have to move it up, even though I had to pass the place I planned to put it en route to flipping. I feel as if a better way of dealing with this would have been recording the placement of the blocks with regard to the center, then turning it and keeping every orientation and placement of the minos the same... the only actual difference would be how you can see the pile and what direction your pieces are moving.
-The music does get annoying after awhile, though this is comparatively minor as people are probably focused on the game.
-Learning curve is VERY steep. Perhaps an optional tutorial would have been good?

Overall: This is a pretty darn awesome idea, and as a lover of tetris I REALLY love the idea. Unfortunately, the two bugs I had mentioned are very annoying and cause me to dislike the game quite a bit more than I would have otherwise. If you can't replicate the bugs on your end from my description, I'd be more than willing to take a video of the issue.

-Skye Wintrest, that guy who makes weird and creative music and LOVES games.

Zanzlanz responds:

Thank you for your review! The sliding is a very new feature. I can certainly make rotation delay the placement. I could also make the piece rotate in relation to the world, but I am no doubt scared to mess with that code because of how deliberately fine-tuned it is. I can't fully reply right now, but I do acknowledge and appreciate your review :)
I will see your music tomorrow too :D

Zombies In Your Backyard Zombies In Your Backyard

I have to say, for a first game...

This is pretty darn solid. I'm going to use the bulk of the review on things that could be improved, not because it's bad, but because there's a lot of stuff you could do to make this shine far beyond a solid base.

The good:
-Solid, decent controls.
-Solid, decent guns.
-Pixely graphics get across what they need to, and they aren't bad.

Improvements I'd suggest:
-A better soundtrack. While it's appropriate, a simple bass/drums combo is a bit... plain. Granted, the game itself is plain, and not complex, but it could definitely be improved upon.

-Better ammo system. It's really, really annoying when I have an uzi, an AK47, and a M16, I'm trying to use the bullets sparingly, and I STILL run out of ammo before the day ends. You pretty much have to learn to click the mouse really fast and be precise in bullet use. (4 for small zombie, 8 for middle, I think 16+ for the big one) Perhaps ammo drops would fix this, it could also cost per bullet at the store to make up for it. That would make it more realistic as well. Also, a weak melee weapon with knockback (or strong melee weapon without knockback) would really help. By the time you can use it, you'll have taken damage.

-Bigger area/more zombies/more weapons. This is a large section, which I think would make the game a lot cooler. Granted, it could also revamp the game completely, but... First of all, in a shop that sells an infinite amount of bullets, has the world's best doctor, and an entire arsenal of guns, why wouldn't it have grenades, bear traps, and some kind of 'armor'? Not to mention different kinds of guns, wood for blockades, and barbed wire. I'm sure you can see how these would be used (bear traps only outside, kills one zombie on the ground before being disabled, blockades can be placed, costing a certain amount of wood/cash, and barbed wire can be placed on a blockade to harm zombies destroying it). The house could have more floors, and the lawn could be wider. This would make it more interesting. I would recommend having a front lawn screen, first floor screen, second floor, and third floor. Zombies could eventually come in through the roof, they could come in through the back door, and through the window. You could shoot the floating zombies from the second floor and the front lawn to kill them, once they come in they're a normal zombie. An enemy with a ranged attack would be good as well.

Though this is a bit messy, hopefully it has some good ideas that could be implemented in another update or other game.

As I said, this game is a wonderful base. I just don't think it's a full game quite yet, more a mini-game that's for killing 10-15 minutes. I feel like it should be in a larger game rather than being on its own as it is. But as I said, it could take off and go quite far if done right.

Good luck!

(-4 because I need to leave room for its potential, +1 because I'm pretty impressed with the quality of it already, since it's your first game)

-Swint of the Review Request Club-

Rushing into Deepness Rushing into Deepness

Hello! Time for your review of a few points I think could be improved.

Points of Goodness:
-Very nice strings and piano breakdowns, very lovely background behind it. 1:22 is fantastic.
-Your first drum loop is great, gotta agree with Grant on that.
-...and your adding to the drum loop with extra beats is also great.
-Great effects at the very end!

Points of Improvement:
-Transition at 1:07 is not good. Sudden cut out of strong drums is too sudden.
-You have a bad habit of sitting on ideas too long, I've noticed. They're good ideas and have good interesting sound design, which keeps them easier to listen through, but still. Too much. Something like 3:10 does not do enough to alleviate this - try shifting the drums up a little bit too. This is really the biggest issue this piece has.
-EXCEPT THE ENDING AAAAAH. Please, friend, please. Make an actual ending next time. ;_;

8.3/10

Timekeeper Timekeeper

Hello! Time for your review of a few points I think could be improved.

Points of Goodness:
-Very nice subtlety throughout this.
-You always have really good gradual buildups. I'd love to see you try to make ambient music slowly layering it - I think that actually would fit your style a lot.
-Excellent little touch at 2:20.

Points of Improvement:
-This piece is very... step-by-step. I know it's meant to be about time, and ticking and stuff, but. In all seriousness, you really need to play around with less lock-stepped melodies. Syncopation is a wonderful tool for complexity and for gaining interest. A suggestion for this piece - try leaving the ticking 'timepiece' noise as keeping the solid metronome feel going, and use the strings and other background with more syncopation for a more interesting background.
-Shockingly, there's a fair amount of mud around 3 minutes in when the climax happens. I'm sure you're surprised that I'm commenting on this. Too much choir and strings, too loud, too layered making mud.

7/10

Battle In The Halls Battle In The Halls

Hello! Time for your review of a few points I think could be improved. ***I DO NOT REVIEW LYRICS, JUST THE MUSIC***

Points of Goodness:
-That vocal processing, man. That's good. Same for the guitar.
-Excellent guitar noodling for the chords.
-Overall feel of the song is solid.

Points of Improvement:
-The growling quality of the vocals does get tiring after awhile.
-The mixing of the guitar solo and off-key sound of it really hurts that section for me - particularly when the rest of it is relatively on point.
-Ending did not feel like an ending. Definitely needs a bit more conclusion to it.
-The song seems too long and too stagnant overall. It seems stretched out further than it really needed for the ideas it contains.

7.4/10

Stitching Stitching

Well, that's creepy. I like it.

I wonder how he's alive. Those injuries seem bad.

Also, happy birthday!

Thanks Skye!

Yeah, something keeps him going.

Haunted Haunted

Excellent as always, friend.

You always have a way of making things seem so realistic, and so different from reality at the same time. It's beautiful.

Scottr5680 responds:

Thank you very much, my friend! ^_^

Haven Haven

These are some sexy images.

Scottr5680 responds:

Thank you very much, my friend!